The Birmingham Inspirational Awards was an eclectic event with a wide range of awards, artists, designers, and models.
Beauty queen Raven Dixon Biggs and singer Manni were the MCs for the evening. Top UK Model 2017 Director Bee Furey watched the contestants she had nursed for months shine in the final event.
Kerry Elliman won most charitable business and three other awards at the Birmingham Inspiration Awards at the ICC. Elliman is well known for her work at Greyhound Protection. Actress Pauline Mclynn received Elliman’s awards for her and spoke passionately on her behalf.
Stevie Eagle E from Shlepp Entertainment and co-founder of the Birmingham Inspirational awards said, “When someone wins that many awards you know they are doing something right.”
There were several performances to entertain throughout the night, including the new collaboration between award-winning sensation Stephan Dante and Bhangra star Tubsy. The duo performed live and unrehearsed for the first time. They put together a new form of music fusing Soul and Bhangra, or B-Soul.
Prince Bayo also attended the Birmingham Inspirational Awards as the event ambassador and entertainer. Mac and Sam, Teyo, and Nader also performed.
Rhythm Junkiez brought the house down with their performance.
Many local figures and businesses attended the event to show their support. Jordan Kensington, head of the Urban Music Awards praised the Birmingham Inspirational Awards for vision and originality.
Aaron Wiggins, actor, TV presenter, and producer also attended the awards ceremony, along with Tyne-Lexy Clarson from “Love Island.”
Top designers showcased their collections during the Top UK Model Finals 2017, including G Salvatore Fashion UK, Dolls of Decadence, 1st Man 1st Woman, HME Creations, Kashane Swaby, Simonetta Saboo, and Stand Out With Me.
The winners-only event ended with the crowning of Miss and Mister UK Top Model.
- Most Inspirational Woman – Kerry Elliman
- Most Inspirational Woman – Nicki Donnelly
- Most Inspirational Man – Andy Cartwright
- Most inspirational Young Person – Callum Redmond
- Upcoming Male Artist – Russell Peake
- Upcoming Female Artist – Lucy Spraggan
- Upcoming Duo/Group – Lotto Boyzz
- Best Music Video – “I Am Not” – Inder Paul Sandhu
- Best Radio Presenter/DJ Rob & Katy – Capital FM
- Best Female Dancer – Hollie Victoria
- Best Male Dancer – Nathan Paul
- Best Dance Group/Act Birmingham – Royal ballet
- Best Dance Studio – Spotlight Stage School
- Best Upcoming Entrepreneur – Lucie Anne
- Best Local Business – Thrift Vintage Birmingham
- Most Charitable Business – Greyhound Protection
- Best Actress – Emily Butler
- Best actor – Aaron Jay Brooks
- Best Theater Group /School – The Star Project
- Outstanding Local Charity – Birmingham Greyhound Protection
- Most Inspiring Volunteer – Kerry Elliman
- Most Inspiring Sportswoman – Hannah England
- Most Inspiring Sportsman – Luke Gunn
- Most Inspiring Local Sports Team – West Midlands Police
- Most Inspiring Male Fitness/Trainer – Nathan Inniss PT
- Most Inspiring Female Fitness/Trainer – Carly T Dance Fit
A special thank you to Bee Furey for presenting the awards, to UCB University College Birmingham and Beauty By Marra for their contributions to the Birmingham Inspiration Awards and Top UK Model event.
The organizers wish to thank unsung heroes like ZiZi Runway, The ICC, and others who helped make the Birmingham Inspiration Award and Top UK model happen. Nothing is ever perfect the first time, but this event has the potential to grow and grow and we hope to see the Birmingham Inspiration Awards in full effect in 2018.
By Jeanette Smith
Global News: BIRMINGHAM GREYHOUND PROTECTION’S KERRY ELLIMAN WINS BIG AT BIRMINGHAM INSPIRATION AWARDS – FULL LIST OF WINNERS!
Top and Featured Image Courtesy of Choco Photography – Used With Permission
First Inline Image Courtesy of Choco Photography – Used With Permission
Second and Third Inline Images Courtesy of Sammaia Sharif foto render – Used With Permission