By Randy Rose
Remember when Obama whispered he would have more room to do what he wants to in his second term to Russian President Putin? Those plans are hidden and not to be announced until after he wins, but we were able to find out a few things Obama has planned. Obama will expand his immigration stance by granting amnesty to all illegal aliens and invite them to stay by giving them a green card to work here. Obama will drastically cut the budgets of the Border Patrol, weakening our border by relocating and laying off Border Patrol Agents. Government-funded, neighborhood-based programs to better integrate the newly amnestied immigrants into society, including education centers and healthcare centers. A “federal solution” to ensure that the amnestied immigrants are treated “equitably” across the United States.
- The recreation of a 21st century version of FDR’s Works Progress Administration program within the Department of Labor that would oversee a massive new bureaucracy and millions of new federal jobs.
- Specific plans for a National Infrastructure Bank. This entity would “evaluate and finance infrastructure projects ‘of substantial regional and national importance” and would finance “transportation infrastructure, housing, energy, telecommunications, drinking water, wastewater and other infrastructures.”
- Wresting control of the military budget from Congress by attempting to place an “independent panel” in charge of military spending while slashing the defense budget in shocking ways.
- The vastly reduced resources of the U.S. Armed Forces will be spread even thinner by using them to combat “global warming,” fight global poverty, remedy “injustice,” bolster the United Nations and step up use of “peacekeeping” deployments.
- A new “green” stimulus program and the founding of a federal “green” bank or “Energy Independence Trust,” which would borrow from the federal treasury to provide low-cost financing to private-sector investments in “clean energy.”
- Detailed plans to enact single-payer health care legislation controlled by the federal government.
If these are the things you are looking forward to, then vote for Obama. If you are like me and you do not like these ideas, then vote Republican. I told everybody in 2008 that Obama is a Progressive and the folks told me he is a center of the road kind of guy. The truth is he is the farthest left of any previous President, including President Carter from Georgia. These are the fact. Vote your own conscience.